First time when I saw Krishnakant work with this computer during presentation at freed.in 2009, I was really impressed. Then thanks to punchagan I also saw this talk on org-mode at google headquarters which had introduction by T.V Raman. Kk uses something known as screen reader which keeps on speaking aloud whatever he keeps typing.
I have this window next to my working table, and many a times, I end up gazing out of it for a long time. And changing focus from that sort of light to screen inside room takes some time. Many other things, keeps on popping up and one day I ended up wondering, how would be my experience of trying screen reader.
Despite challenges, I am highly drawn by some of points:
- I won't be distracted by anything else visually, which I think is really strong and dominating sense.
- It might give a more focused work, thinking of just one thing and working on it.
- Rest to eyes.
Challenges can be:
- I am not sure about speed. I am getting comfortable with keyboard, but something constantly buzzing in ear might slow down things.
- Although eyes are closed, there is some constant voice in ears which might be distracting.
- How efficient would it be switching between windows and easy it would be to pickup from where I had left.
- How would I play songs in background while working?
Not sure how to go about it, but I would certainly give it a try and see how it goes.